Monday, October 15, 2007

Intellectual Bloggers

Ed Yong at Not Exactly Rocket Science tagged me with an Intellectual Blogger Award. I'm flattered to be considered among such illustrious company as The Loom and Retrospectacle among others! He wrote that my blog "focuses very much on the science, rather than the creationism/ID debate." This is true... there are many other bloggers who can handle the IDiots much more ably than I. I think I will pass on the meme by tagging some other blogs that "focus very much on the science". Also I will try to mention those that I haven't called attention to before.

Synthesis
I only became aware of this blog fairly recently, but I really like some of the posts. The author is Rob Carlson from theUniversity of Washington. Rob is developing new fabrication techniques and microfluidic systems for manipulating and measuring cells and analytes. This is a topic I am very interested in at present.

Sex, Genes and Evolution
John Logsdon is a molecular evolutionary biologist at the University of Iowa. It doesn't hurt that he reads my blog "slightly less than daily". That's ok, I only publish slightly more often than weekly.

RRResearch
Rosie Redfield is a microbiologist extraordinaire at the University of British Columbia. Her blog is highly technical, but I enjoy it because she writes about a lot of the things I like thinking about.

Migrations
Dan Rhoades is a
a staff scientist for Agave Biosystems in Ithaca NY. His blog is an interesting blend of the macro and the micro.

Microbiology Bytes
Alan Cann is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Leicester. He writes a great blog on all things microbial.

3 comments:

  1. John,

    Thank you very much for taking the award forward.

    Just wanted to let you know that the link for John Logsdon's blog Sex, Genes and Evolution doesn't seem to work. I did find it by the other link you've provided.

    Thanks again. Please feel free to delete this comment once you fix the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I do enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete