Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Don't Believe in the Triassic Either...

This just in from the America's Finest News Source: The Onion.

"Everything about the Triassic period points to divine involvement. Let me ask you this: Could some kind of random genetic chance make the population of shelled cephalopods grow significantly? No, of course not. So the only logical explanation is that there was an infinite and all-knowing cephalopod creator who modified their mollusk foot into a muscular hydrostat that eventually, on the sixth day, became a tentacle."

2 comments:

  1. The completely far-fetched wackiness of that piece reminded me of Philip Gosse's Omphalos. Unfortunately, Gosse was serious. . . and that's why parodies of creationists make me sad. They're never all that much crazier than the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a neologism for when you can't tell if a website is a parody or earnest. I can't remember what it is, but it's a feeling that I frequently get when I view creationist/right wing web pages. Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete